DURING THE CONFERENCE
Gleacher Center Rules
- The conference is being held in eleven rooms across Floors 2, 3, 4 and 6. The building is considered “Public” and summer students and others will be using the building during our conference. Please respect signs to keep noise levels down when sessions are in progress.
- The inside hallway stairwells (accessed through metal doors) are to be used only in emergencies. Please only use the center elevators or the main/center stairway on the East side by the elevators.
- All conference sessions, including the 8:30am Featured Speaker sessions in Rm 621, will be seated on a first-come basis. All rooms have a capacity of 70, except Rm 621 (Featured) = 300 and Rm 200 (McDonald’s Room) = 100.
- Especially if you’re planning to attend the 8:30 am sessions, make sure you get there early to get a seat. If we’re able to arrange WebEx access, we’ll have overflow to one or two rooms on the 2nd Ushers will direct you.
- We have a number of Hands-On session. If you plan on attending, please check their session info to see about any downloads or system requirements before the session starts.
- We have some excellent prizes we’ll be raffling off over the two days.
- All CCC attendees may participate in our raffle. We have some excellent prizes that we’ll be raffling off over the period of the two days. We’ll raffle off 7 prizes at 6:30pm on Monday, during our Networking Session. The remainder will be raffled off at intervals on Tuesday.
- To obtain raffle tickets, you must visit sponsor/partner tables and request them.
- Please write your Name, Cell # and Twitter ID (if you have one) on the ticket(s) you enter.
- Place all raffle tickets/entries into the boxes near the doors of each Exhibit Room on the 2nd
- Raffle prizes are listed on boards around the conference. We also have them on the Website under Attendee Info. Some items are: Oculus, Xbox, PS4, Quadcopter, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Airpods…
- Raffle winners MUST PICK UP their winning item(s) in Staff Room 203 no later than 5:30pm on Tuesday, or they will forfeit their prize. Prepare to show ID that shows your name matches.
- Raffle winners will be announced (based on name on the entered ticket) live during the Networking Event (for those prizes raffled at that time), and to the cell # on the tickets, as needed.
- All raffle prizes will also be announced to Twitter. If you don’t follow us on Twitter @coderconference, check our Twitter feed at the bottom of our homepage chicagocoderconference.com. Prizes during the Networking event will also be announced to the room.
17 Awesome Prizes!
Awarded During Monday Networking Event (6:30pm)
(1) Oculus Rift + Touch – WINNER: Ticket #211835 – Pleas, Andrew (?)
(1) Apple Airpod – WINNER: #211251 – Gratz, Miles
(1) PS 4 / Call of Duty Bundle – WINNER:#506117 – Chaplinski, Scott
(1) Quadcopter – WINNER: Ticket #211356 – Chen, Wei
(1) Apple Watch – WINNER: Ticket #211622 – Davis, Christopher
(1) Google Home – WINNER: Ticket #506186 – Goel, Neha
(1) iTunes $50 – WINNER: Ticket #506139 – Rufus, Jonte
Awarded at the end of each session Tuesday
(1) Amazon Echo Show – WINNER: #063073 – Chen, Linda
(1) Alexa – WINNER: #211236 – Garner, David
(2) Quadcopter –
– WINNER #1: #506431 – Ciliak, Joe
– WINNER #2: #210963 – Disrud, Eric
(1) Amazon Fire HD 8 – WINNER: #506365 – Condit, Liz
(2) Echo Dot –
– WINNER #1: #211076 – Giwa, Ola.
– WINNER #2: 211963 – Poloche, David
(1) Google Home – WINNER #210787 – C-J, Jed
(1) XBox1 Battlefield – WINNER #211361 – Liset, Ben
(1) Apple Airpod – WINNER: #062804 – Ballard, Ken
Sponsor / Partner Tables
- The CCC is an excellent value for attendees due largely to support from our generous local sponsor companies. Please visit their tables to learn more about the company and careers with them.
- All sponsor tables can be found on the 2nd floor in Room 220, Room 250 or the 2nd Floor hallway in front of the classrooms.
Food and Drink
- The CCC is providing continental breakfast items on the 6th floor, North hallway, each morning from 7:30am – 10am until supplies run out.
- Lunch is on your own. Please visit the Attendee Info (under About) on the website for information on places nearby.
- Carafes of water will be provided in each session room throughout the conference.
- A limited quantity of regular and diet sodas will also be provided each afternoon in Rooms 220 and 250.
- There is a vending machine on the first floor, or feel free to bring in your own items from outside.
- Outside food and drink ARE allowed in the building (however, catering from outside is prohibited).
Networking Event (Monday 5 – 7 – Room 621)
- The event will kick off at 5pm with Special Guest, Steve Koch, Deputy Mayor of Chicago, talking about the Future of Technology in Chicago.
- We will serve light snacks and have an open bar between 5 and 6:30. The bar will have non-alcoholic items, and for our 21 and older guests, there will be a variety of beer and wine.
- From 6:30 – 7, the bar will be a cash bar: you may elect to pay for additional purchases on your own.
- As with other parts of the conference, attendance is optional; however, this event supports a key objective of the conference, providing an excellent opportunity to meet other technologists and connect with our sponsor companies.
- Wi-Fi is sponsored by Cohesive Networks and is free to attendees. Login information will be distributed at Check-In.
- We will have a Help Desk staffed throughout the conference at the street/lobby level.
- Wear your badge! No Badge, No Entry!
- We unfortunately do not have storage available; please do not leave personal items unattended or do so at your own risk.
- Come and go as you please during the conference, but please respect others by not interrupting sessions. Please turn off ringers and move side conversations outside session rooms.
- We have a great group of volunteers helping us out this year – look for them wearing a Black / Red sport shirt with the CCC logo on the front. Feel free to ask them for help at any time.
- We would really appreciate your help in ensuring quality for future events. Please complete the session surveys (handed out in each) and conference survey (will be emailed to you).
University of Chicago
450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611
Parking, Maps, Restaurants
Transportation / Directions
From O’Hare Airport
The taxi stand can be found just outside the baggage claim area. Cab fare will be approximately $35 and you should allow one to one-and-a-half hours.
CTA Train (the “El”)
The Blue Line of the Chicago Transportation Authority train system, commonly known as the “El” or elevated train, runs from O’Hare to the Loop area downtown. Follow airport signs reading “Trains to City” to the boarding area. Buy a fare card from vending machines at boarding area. Disembark Clark and Lake stop. Exit station at street level and take a taxi to Gleacher Center, or walk east on Lake Street four blocks to Michigan Avenue. Turn left and walk north the two blocks on the east side of Michigan. After crossing the bridge over the river, walk to the right through the plaza with the fountain between the Equitable Building and Tribune Tower. Gleacher Center is on the right at the end of the plaza, facing east toward NBC Tower.
From Midway Airport
A taxi stand is located right outside the baggage claim area. Cab fare will be approximately $30 and you should allow 30 to 45 minutes.
CTA Train (the “El”)
The Orange Line of the “El” or elevated train runs from Midway to the Loop area downtown. Follow airport signs reading “Trains to City” to the boarding area. Buy a fare card from vending machines at boarding area. Disembark at the State and Lake stop. Exit at street level and take a taxi, or walk two blocks east on Lake Street to Michigan Avenue. Turn left and walk north the two blocks on the east side of Michigan. After crossing the bridge over the river, walk to the right through the Chicago Tribune / Equitable Fountain Plaza. Gleacher Center is on the right at the end of the plaza, facing east toward NBC Tower. The train ride is about 30 minutes.
Taxis are available outside of Gleacher Center
Take any of these bus routes running along Michigan Avenue: 33, 125, 145, 146, 147, 151, 157.
Buses running between Union Station or Ogilvie Transportation Center and Michigan Avenue are:
120, 121, 125, 151, 157.
Exit/enter the bus at the 400 block of Michigan Avenue near the Chicago Tribune Tower.
CTA Subway and Elevated Trains
Take Red Line to State/Grand stop; walk east to Michigan Avenue, south to Illinois Street, then east one short block to Cityfront Plaza Drive
Take the Brown Line or Purple Line to State and Lake stop; walk east to Michigan Avenue, north over bridge, and right along river or through plaza to Gleacher Center.